KEY BENEFITS OF THE OHMS HYGIENE DET SYSTEM
- The key benefits over other diesel exhaust sampling systems are that the DET system measurements cover all exhaust components, are quick and are conducted on undiluted exhaust.
- The DET system comprises two units that measure EC and the gases carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, nitric oxide and oxygen.
Samples are collected directly from the manifold or tail-pipe and do not need diluting.
- Measurements are collected in real-time and results available within minutes.
- EC measurements are calibrated against NIOSH 5040.
A filter is provided for the laboratory analysis of EC should it be required.
- This DET system not only provides compliance monitoring, under the Mines' Regulations, but can also be used to assist in programmed maintenance .
- When used as recommended, this DET system can assist in identifying where maintenance issues or faults occur.
DET TESTING REQUIREMENTS
The Mine Safety and Inspection Regulations (1995) Division 4 requires the undiluted diesel engine exhaust is tested in underground mines. As a minimum this shall be at intervals of no more than 250 hours, or 1 month if no hour meter is present. If the diesel unit falls outside the prescribed limits then the diesel unit may not return to service. The DET system is a simple low cost screening system that has been developed to measure the concentration of elemental carbon (EC) and gases in the raw exhaust of diesel engines operating in the underground mining industry.
OHMS Hygiene is a division of the RED OHMS Group Pty Ltd.
Phone: 1300 646 749
Fax: 08 6230 2680
30 Churchill Ave,
Subiaco, WA 6008